So a frankly shitty week at work destroyed any refreshment my holiday instilled in me and a truly bizarre final two days almost did me in. But then came going out. And friends. Oh yeah – and alcohol.

Thursday was Humphrey’s birthday celebration and we found ourselves at Tiger Tiger in Croydon. Good food but no atmosphere. After we finally left the table we were pretty much the only people in there. So we eventually left and headed back to Liquid/Envy in oh so fun Redhill (it’s our local club and considering it’s a small provincial venue it’s usually quite entertaining. As long as you get there drunk. Very drunk). Turned out to be a great move as it was really busy with live MCs (quite amusing). Later after more drinks and the introduction to the night of tequila we went home and myself, H and Ulka decided to stay up listen to music and drink more. At 4.30 it occurred to me I had to be in for 9 so went to bed.

Leading onto a weird day on the ward. And a very tired day. But I kept going. And that night headed back ‘home’ to Tooting for the Part 5 disco. Oh yes, a full year has passed since we qualified and now it’s the time for all my friends in the year below (for the lonnnnnng time readers I’m talking about Louiza and Lily and all the others). And they all passed which is awesome. And we drank and danced and met people and had fun.

Saw some old friends – some still felt they couldn’t talk to me (wasn’t that years ago?), some I enjoyed catching up with after far too long and some just made my week. There were almost as many of the old gang there as newly qualified form-fillers-in.

Actually, to be honest I did feel slightly out of place to start. Nervous I guess at seeing certain people on the old territory. It’d already hit me after turning up at my old house and having the door opened by someone I once took home while VERY drunk (I’d forgotten she’d moved in – Arash thought it was quite amusing to let us both find out without warning – cheers, ha ha). And then we arrived (after curry at an old favourite) to discover the ‘new’ bar. The one promised to us for the whole 6 years of our tenure but never realised till after we left. And it looks good and trendy and fun…but not George’s.

But then the music kicked in, crazy dance floor shenanigans brought on smiles and an old friend decided to renew a friendship back in the place that started it all. And that meant something. (You never seemed to miss me as much as I missed you… ‘Well what choice did I have? I was left out there alone while you all had each other’). JD and Sambuca kept it all lubricated and the time flew.

So, yeah. It was a year ago since last there. And it was fun and it felt good and I’m really glad I went. I also think that was probably my last hurrah at George’s. I think I can move on now.

So the next day after finally getting to bed at 4.30ish (again) I was pretty much running on gas. Had coffee with Rashida and Nazneen which was nice but too brief as I turned up late (as per usual). Then headed up on the tube into central.

Nearly all of my experiences in London these days, dirty stop out that I am, are shaped by a slight hangover, unwashed, smelly jeans and a vague odour of lager (from getting spilt on the previous night), smoke (though thankfully less as the new smoking rules kick in) and sweat. Ha ha. I bought comics and then went up to Camden to hang out with Antony for the afternoon.

Turned out to be a really nice afternoon – sitting on the floor beside the lock drinking wine (which pretty much levelled me by the second glass – I think the lack of food and sleep had got a bit too much by then), in the sun with a friend talking about life, music and anything. It was nice.

Train home. Walked the few miles back to my house and: SLEEP.

Still knackered today but been taking it easy and Getting Things Done. Like washing what seems like all my clothes. After a bit of hunting I managed to find and rig up an impromptu washing line and for the first time this year have line-dried clothes. Excellent.

Anyway, it’s been a great way to round the week off and I’m now cooking, going to read some Batman (The Long Hallowe’en) and then get an early night. One of those mythical early night things. I’ve heard they’re good.